now accepting Papers and Presentation submissions for LCA2012 (call closes July 29)

From: Announcements

Subject: [lca-announce] now accepting Papers and Presentation submissions for LCA2012

Dear All,

The organisers of LCA2012 are very pleased to announce that we are now

accepting paper submissions! Papers from all areas of the Free and Open

Source world are welcome and first time speaks are highly encouraged to

submit a proposal. The Call for Papers will remain open until the 29th July

2011, after which time all submissions will be reviewed and successful

speakers notified. Once confirmed, details of talks will be added to the

conference programme, available on this site in mid to late September.

Though there are many elements needed to run a great conference, it is the

speakers that truly make such an amazing event. Being an

international conference, but one with a uniquely Australian flavour, we are

working to bring a terrific mix of both local and global speakers from

different backgrounds to Ballarat in January, says Sae Ra Germaine, LCA2012

Speakers liaison. The wealth of talent within the FOSS community is huge

and our goal is to be a platform for bringing the newest ideas, latest

talent and best speakers to the largest audience of this type in the

- Information for potential speakers is available on the LCA2012

- Our speaker liaison can also be contacted for any specific queries:

- Proposal submissions can be made at (Need to be logged in to

view this)

Our call for mini-conferences remains open in addition to the call for

papers. Please see the announcement

here or for more detailed

information, visit the Mini-Confs

About (lca) is a conference about Open Source Software, including

Linux. It brings together the world's community of Linux and open source

enthusiasts who make considerable contributions to open source software.

2012 marks a significant milestone for LCA as it will be the first time the

conference has been held in an Australian regional city. The 2012 Ballarat

organising committee is excited to be hosting the open source community and

would love for you to join us in January.

Kindest Regards,

Sae Ra

Sae Ra Germaine

Speaker & Media Liaison